Sunday, June 5, 2011

Price Vs. Label

If I had it my way I would probably shop on 5th Ave or in exclusive boutiques all over NYC, where a shirt would probably be the cost  of one day pay for me. Unfortunately for me I don't live in that kind of world and will have to make due with what I have. Which comes to my next point, Does it really matter exactly where you buy your clothes? Are labels what makes one person more fashionably than the next? I'd admit I smile at just the mere thought of being able to go into a Louis Vuitton store, blindly pick out any item my little heart desires without having to worry about how I'm going to eat for the next two weeks. But just because you can afford luxurious items does not make you more fashionable. I shop everyday at stores you can find at any mall in any state,  just because we may not be able to shop like celebrities at least we could feel like one in our own right. Its not where you buy your clothes but how you wear it. If all you can afford are items from Forever 21 or Urban Outfitters (Widely popular amongst young adults) the most important idea is make your originality shines through. Ask yourself how can you wear this shirt so that its different from the way everyone else is wearing it? My opinion is either is option is OK but having a mixture of both affordable pieces and higher end brands is even better.

No comments:

Post a Comment